FretCalc is used to find fret placement for
fretted stringed instruments. Any combination of scale length and
number for frets can be chosen. The fret placement from the nut
to each fret and the distance between adjacent frets is shown in
a chart that can be printed out.
- Scale length can be entered in inches (decimal or fractional) or in millimeters.
- Output can be displayed in inches (decimal or nearest 64th) or in millimeters, independent
of format of scale length (for example, scale length can be entered in inches and displayed in millimeters).
New for FretCalc 3.10
- Increased top fret for dulcimer to fret 17.
- Added all half-frets for dulcimer (0+, 1+, 3+, 4+, 6+, 7+, 8+, 10+, 11+, 13+, 14+, 15+).
New for FretCalc 3.01
- Fixed Fret-to-Fret calculation for dulcimer mode.
New for FretCalc 3.00
- Mountain dulcimer fret spacing, including half frets (1+, 6+, 8+, 13+)
- Selectable calculation method - 12th root of 2, 17.817 and 17.835.
- Entry by common scale lengths (Gibson, Fender, etc.).
- Precision of display adjustable by user.
- Fractions are reduced.
Don't use Windows? A cross-platform GUI version is in the works, but in the mean time, you can use one of the following:
- Windows 95, 98, ME
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000/XP
(6.2MB download for setup file - executable is 80KB)